Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Ouch!

26 July 2009
We're going to be home from our RV trip to the Oregon Coast tomorrow. We cut the trip a little short for a few reasons, but here is a great one.

On Friday we took a hike in a redwood forest. It was stunningly beautiful, and my parents, grandma, Sparrow and I were the only ones on the trail. Sparrow walked about half the time, but at one point I was carrying him on my shoulders, bouncing like a horse to make him laugh. The trail gave way beneath me and I fell down the mountain. As my chest hit the ground, Sparrow flipped off my shoulders and landed on his face.

My mom grabbed him and gave him to my grandma, then she and Dad helped pull me off the side of the mountain back onto the trail. Sparrow had a mouth and nose full of dirt and a scratch on his cheek and forehead, but was okay. I, on the other hand, sprained my ankle pretty badly.

It was quite an adventure. We then had to hike the rest of the way to the campground, about a half mile. It hurt! Sparrow's face should heal quickly. I hope my ankle does the same.

I have beautiful pictures and more stories to post, but it will have to wait until we get home.

1 comments to Ouch!:

Jeff and Bethany Davis said...

Yay for Oregon! I've only been there once, but what I saw was beautiful. Oh no for your ankle and his face! I'm sorry about that, but glad it's not worse. Can't wait for pictures!