Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Sweet sweet relief

31 August 2009
Sparrow has been so well behaved for his grandma. I have been building up my time watching him during the day as we are being kicked out of the sick-house on Thursday. But Sparrow has been doing very well and is learning a lot. He can now point to his mouth, eyes, and nose. He knows the animal sounds for a duck, dog, cat, pig, cow, horse, bear, snake, monkey and elephant and we're working on sheep. Luckily he is strong enough to climb up on the couch on his own now, because I can't lift more than 10 lbs for the next month. It shouldn't be a problem except for getting him in and out of the car. We are moving him to a big boy bed on Thursday so I won't have to worry about lifting him in and out of bed.

When I am not watching Sparrow, I am usually unconscious! Tonight we took a trip as a family to get donuts (shh!), to get Sparrow some new church clothes and to the grocery store for some milk. Just going to three stores totally wiped me out (physically and emotionally - seeing all those baby clothes was pretty hard.) When I'm not sleeping, I have been knitting up a storm. Sparrow and Hawk now having matching blue hats for this winter and I have started knitting Sparrow a pair of mittens. I am actually going to make him two pair in case he loses one. I've also knit a couple of dish cloths. I love knitting, mostly because I hate sitting still and knitting keeps my hands busy and productive. I have been watching the Dick Van Dyke show on Netflix while I knit - it's hilarious! I am loving the humor and it's nice to not worry about if it's going to be clean or not, since stuff in that era is pretty innocent!

Last year I knit Sparrow a pumpkin hat for his Halloween costume. This year he is going to be a dragon and we just got his costume tonight, so I don't need to knit him one. I'll just stick with the mittens for now. Here is a picture of Sparrow with his pumpkin hat at about 8 months old.



My posts may be a little crazy for the next week or so - I love me some Oxycodone-whatever!

2 comments to Sweet sweet relief:

Jeff and Bethany Davis said...

I remember that hat! Too cute. I'm glad you've been enjoying Dick Van Dyke. I wish I could come hang out with you and knit! I used to know how, like 20 years ago. Can't wait to see pictures of all your projects!

Mrs. B said...

Well, we are renting so it's a townhouse, and I wish I had choice of color, but the green is nice. That has been in the flag holder since we moved in (the straw thing that is) and it's a bamboo from Ash Wednesday that they (landlord who used to live there) did their celebrations with I just haven't taken it down yet, but good call, thanks for the reminder :)