Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Ode to Hawk

18 October 2009
I woke up on Friday morning with a bit of a cold. Sore throat, stuffy nose, extreme tiredness, general cold stuff. But Sparrow and I had plans for the day, so we went up to Ogden to visit my grandma and we played with her.

Sparrow was pretty awful, probably tired from everything else we did this week, and we had to leave the restaurant we were lunching in because he was so bad. Then he had a major flying meltdown in Jo-Ann's while I was waiting in line to get my fabric cut (my grandma had Sparrow at that point and had to take him outside.) Everyone in line was talking about the poor kid who'd gotten hurt. Yeah right. That's my kid, he's just annoying.

Anyway, we got home around 6 and I was DONE. Hawk recognized my done-ness and took over, playing with Sparrow for 2 hours before it was his bedtime, putting him to bed for me, and then! Then! Hawk went out and bought us a new TV-on-DVD set (we've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it's pretty good) and dinner. We feasted on Cafe Rio while enjoying Joss Whedon's awesomeness.

Yesterday I woke up early and tried to let Hawk sleep in as late as possible, which is difficult when your offspring is loud and cranky. Hawk got up around 10 and that's when I was DONE again. I went upstairs and slept. And slept. And slept.

Hawk is the best daddy and husband ever. Seriously. I slept from 10:30 - 3:30 and again from 5 - 8. And again from 10:30 - 6:30.

Hawk cleaned the house and took care of the kid. I love that dude.

And now I think my cold is 90% better, plus I have caught up on missing sleep for the last year. Woo-hoo!

1 comments to Ode to Hawk:

De Anne said...

What a great guy!