Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Happy birfday to me!

06 November 2009
What a great day! We hosted playgroup this morning and that was fun. My friend Dove took us out to lunch at a delicious Indian buffet (Gulab Jamm pastry things = amazing) I talked with my grandma for an hour and a half (after talking with her for an hour yesterday; I love how we can just chat about everything and have the best time doing it), then took Sparrow to Nana's house for the evening.

When I got home, Hawk was waiting outside and wouldn't let me go in the house. He took me to dinner at Archibald's. It was delicious! We talked and talked for 2 hours. That's where I celebrated actually turning exactly 23 years and 0 minutes.

At home, I walked in the house with my eyes closed. Hawk turned the lights on dim and when I opened my eyes, I saw that he had set up our tent in our living room! We have never been camping and were talking about how we really want to go when Sparrow gets older, so Hawk took matters into his own hands. We turned on the fireplace, turned off the lights, and turned on my iPod to a "Ambient Rain" soundtrack I have. It was SO cool! I can't wait to go to sleep tonight.

I also got packages, emails, and letters from people very dear to my heart today. It was especially awesome to get an email from my sister in Alabama. Oh okay, and the Ancient Gnome of Alabama (you know who you are!) and his Young and Beautiful Wife too. Thanks guys, you rock!

And in a Happy Birthday gesture from the universe, a thank-you card from my friend Bethany and a bunch of clothes I ordered last week from CJ Banks arrived too. (Also a bill from the IRS but I'm ignoring that.) What great timing! AND we went to the dentist yesterday for the first time since my pregnancy of Barfing Doom, and guess who had no cavities? (And Hawk had six, neener neener!!)

All in all, it was a wonderful birthday. I had a blast and am looking forward to 23!

2 comments to Happy birfday to me!:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Happy (x23) birthday! I'm glad your day was so lovely.

FluffyChicky said...

Happy Birthday!

My word verification = caphoser.

Awesome.