Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Yay!

20 November 2009
Today Sparrow was running around. He turned toward me and started running over, only to trip and land in a full-on split. He looked at me, unsure whether to laugh or cry. I started cracking up, because it was hilarious. So he started giggling, stood up and threw his arms in the air and cried "YAY!!!!!" It was a perfect gymnastics moment.

Our Christmas packages have started arriving. I am so excited for Christmas this year. Sparrow's Christmas Eve jammies arrived today, as did my parent's and grandma's presents. I got a birthday card from some nice ladies at church too. I can't wait till Sparrow's Holiday Outfit comes - it is going to be so cute. Expect a bucketload of picture spam.

Although I have somewhat of a dilemma. I ordered him a black coat from The Children's Place. It's a good casual/dressy coat, and it looks nice and warm. But then on Wednesday I found a coat at Dillard's - and this coat is CUTE. It's dark brown with a kind of furry fabric, a hood with bear ears and bear paw pockets. It is so darling, and I know I am running out of time to dress Sparrow in cute animal themed stuff. I really miss newborn clothing for that fact alone. So I think I will take back the black plain coat, just because he'll have plenty of time for boring black coats later in his life. This coat is cute, and will last two years. And he's just so snuggly in it!

Hawk's work holiday party was tonight. It was nice. Everyone got a nice board game as a present, and the CIO of the company talked for a while and said that the company is doing amazingly well and is growing and doing awesome and no need to worry with the recession. Phew! Hawk loves his work, and I am so happy he does. His company has treated us so well over the last 18 months - almost as well as Walmart did when he worked for them. (Anyone who says Walmart is a bad employer hasn't heard of what wonderful things they did for us.)

All in all, we had a good day. Sparrow and I didn't make it to the museum, but maybe next month we will. I checked out my lip in the mirror today and it is totally black. No wonder I'm still numb in spots. Not really hurting, but still swollen and boy, do I ever miss chewing! I am stuffed from potatoes and broths and puddings but still want to eat because I miss that chewing feeling.

Have I mentioned how excited I am for the holidays?

3 comments to Yay!:

Benitta said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net

Yamin said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net

Yamin said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net