Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Here's the thing

01 December 2009
I love reading blogs with activities for little ones, especially teaching activities. Blogs like Chasing Cheerios and the Home Teacher (PS, Keri ROCKS).

But I don't think Sparrow is developmentally "there" as far as doing structured activities, be it playing with clay or coloring. Chalk it up to being two months early or to my crappy parenting skillz, but Sparrow's still pretty much only interested in sticking things in his mouth and screaming.

Yay for crafts, I just wish my kid was old enough to do them.

2 comments to Here's the thing:

TopHat said...

Don't worry. Margaret doesn't do crafts either. I'm lucky if I can get her to color for 2 minutes. :) I was over at a friend's house yesterday and they had all their homemade snowflakes up in the window. It looked nice, but I know we'll have to wait a few years before that. Sad.

Dionna said...

Thank you for the link to the Home Teacher, I hadn't come across her before.
Just keep trying with your little one, crafting has definitely grown on my son :)