Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Englanditis

06 January 2010
I am sick. Very sick. Not swine flu, but most likely it's bronchitis. I get bronchitis every year, just like strep throat. I have the world's crappiest lungs, because I was a 6 week early preemie. I worried about Sparrow's lungs since he was 7 weeks early, but thus far he has proven to be a better preemie than I ever was. Good boy.

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of when I left for London. I lived there for 6 months, and I have missed it every single day minute since I left. I will make it back to London before 2015 or I will die trying. Dangit.

Anyway, to celebrate, I took Dove and her baby and Sparrow to the London Market in Salt Lake City. I stocked up on tons of goodies and snacky-snacks, including Galaxy bars (mmm), Turkish Delight (Mmmmm!!) and Mr. Kipling's Cherry Bakewells (be still my heart!) They didn't have everything I wanted, no Exceedingly Fine French Fancies for example, but I got enough to last for a good month at the very least. Sparrow got a metal British taxi car since he has two London buses and I wanted to round out his collection. He actually already had a taxi car once, but a heavy box fell on it and it shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.

After I spent our grocery money on chocolate, we went next door to Elizabeth's Bakery and had a little lunch. Dove and I split a curried veggie pasty, an English trifle, Millionaire Shortbread, and a cheese scone. Sparrow had a tiny egg custard tart, which he snarfed and then proceeded to eat 3/4ths of the shortbread (smart kid!) Everything was absolutely perfect and just DELICIOUS. The staff was extremely friendly too, and joked for a good 5 minutes with Sparrow. He had so much fun, and so did Dove and I.

We have plans to go back in March. I'd go back every day if I could, but this little slice of England in Utah is something I kind of want to keep a special and rare treat.

But oh, how I am looking forward to more scones. Mmmmm.

0 comments to Englanditis: