Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

First Craft Attempt

04 January 2010
A few weeks ago, Sparrow and I tried to make salt dough handprints for all his grandparents.

100_3277

He wasn't sure about being up to the counter like this, it kind of freaked him out.

100_3275

Once he figured out I wanted him to get his handprint in the dough, he was very cute trying to be helpful.

100_3274

All done! We give up!

100_3287

The finished product. They pretty much all looked like ... well, not good. So we threw them away and will try again another day. Sigh.

My score as a mom is totally going down after this. Craft Attempt Status: FAIL.

4 comments to First Craft Attempt:

TopHat said...

You are brave to try crafts already! I'm still waiting for Margaret to get bigger before I give her anything more complex than a sheet of construction paper and a crayon.

Kestrel said...

We haven't even tried to color over here yet. I know the beastie will just eat the Crayon. Sigh.

Valerie said...

Wait, we're supposed to do crafts with our kids? Who said??? :)

One of my favorite little crafts my daughter did in nursery one year was a wreath made of handprints... (hand dipped in green paint and then pressed on a white washcloth, then finger tip in red paint for the berries). So cute and I love it! It has a ribbon hanger and I hang it up every year...and she is 19 now...
But...it's something I would never have attempted! Thank goodness for primary nursery! :)

FluffyChicky said...

Crayons are good for kids. They clean the digestive tract right out. Right? :)