Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Didorawr!

03 February 2010
Today Sparrow and I met a group of mommies at The Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. It was a blast! My mom gave Sparrow a membership to Thanksgiving Point for his birthday (really the pass is for me, ages 2 and under are free for most things at Thanksgiving Point) and we got to activate it today. Sparrow and I went a little early and got a snack at the Deli/Cafe area - he asked for "fies" and I split an eclair with him. Having been off sugar for the last 3 days, the eclair was very sweet, but oh-so-delicious.

I still haven't figured out how to work my camera, so you have to deal with my crappy photo skillz. And unfortunately, I am allergic to cameras so I didn't get a shot of my super-awesome shirt. Today I wore my shirt that has verses from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven written forming the shape of a raven. Really hard to explain, but oh what a cool shirt. Never have I felt my English Major awesomeness brimming so ...brimmingly.

IMG_0021

Sparrow with his friends. That's Sam (in the hat) from the Progressive Pioneer and one of Sparrow's other friends. Sparrow ate a lot of sand. I have a weird kid.

IMG_0027

Sparrow riding a... dinosaur. With all the kid-chasing and mommy-conversating, there wasn't a lot of learning on this trip. But that's okay, there's always next time.

IMG_0032

Oh noes!! Shaaaark!

IMG_0052

Sparrow and Sam played in the dirt for a while.

We had a great time. Lots of kids and mommies and I didn't have to clean up any messes! It was like a miracle. We'll definitely go back to the museum - it was really fun. But after our afternoon was over, Sparrow and I needed a rest. So Hawk cooked dinner and snapped this picture.

IMG_0055

Sparrow watching Little Bear on my iTunes, perched on my hip. Bwah!

3 comments to Didorawr!:

Heather said...

Hello destined friend! I just read your comment on my blog - I'm totally flattered that you read everything and liked it! I'm excited that you found me, but I'm wondering how. Do we have a common friend? If I check the google search for my blog (back when I had site meter) most of my referrals were people trying to find the Simpsons quote that just so happens to be my blog title. I'm excited to have a new blogging friend - sounds like it was meant to be!

BTW, your little boy is adorable. Love those dimples.

Jeff and Bethany Davis said...

I love that last picture! Great candid of life with Kestrel and Sparrow! :)

Leah said...

Hey, we had a great time that day! I'm so glad that we were able to meet up. Those kids sure loved the erosion table.

Oh, and poem in the shape of what it describes = concrete poem. Loved your shirt.