Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Ugh

26 February 2010
Sparrow is upstairs, likely getting into mischief, and I should go check on him but I am busy downstairs dying.

I ate ground beef last night.

Ever since I got pregnant, ground beef and I do not get along. Since I had Sparrow, sometimes I can tolerate it. But very rarely. And clearly, I should just never even try. There's a hunk of dead animal rotting in my tummy and it's not a nice feeling.

I think I'll have a nice vegetarian salad for lunch today. Mmm, Cafe Rio has my favorite salads. I just love that jalapeno ranch dressing so much. Last time we went I bought a vat of it and I use it on basically everything. I could drink it. But that thought just makes me feel sick. Because there's a hunk of DEAD COW killing me. I am sorry cow. I will never eat you again.

Unless I want a steak. Then there's no promises. Sometimes a girl's just gotta have a nice mooing medium rare steak. EW BUT NOT TODAY.

Hey, let's move on. I should clearly blog more, because I have like 2 months worth of photos just sitting on my flickr account, sad and lonely and wanting to be posted. So here are some from the other night, when Sparrow and I had a tickle fight and also he learned about the joy of horsey rides on Mommy. It was hilarious and awesome. Until he fell off my back and landed on his head. We have hardwood floors. Don't worry, my awesome ninja skills broke his fall. Mostly.

IMG_0012

IMG_0009

IMG_0026

IMG_0019

Okay, just checked on Sparrow and he had locked himself in his bathroom and was brushing his teeth. My kid is AWESOME.

4 comments to Ugh:

Valerie said...

Cute pictures!
Sorry about the ground beef.
Am I the only person on the planet that has never eaten at Cafe Rio?
Last week we had a ward party & they served a "knock off" of Sweet Pork Salad...yeah, now I know what I've been missing! :)That salad dressing is amazing! I found a great recipe online, so I am going to attempt making it...we'll see.
Hope you feel better soon

Kestrel said...

Valerie, let me know how the homemade dressing turns out! I have a recipe for it too, but I am lazy and never make it, I just go buy it!

Valerie said...

Ha! Since I've never actually been to Cafe Rio, I had no idea you could buy the dressing, so I'll probably just do that...way easier! I'll let you know if I do make it! In fact, maybe I'll just buy the whole thing and just tell my family I made it! :)

Nisha said...

These pics are priceless!