Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I want to be Gemma Arterton

04 May 2010
Yesterday I happened on a free promo screening of The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time by complete accident. It was a quiet thing, not promoted anywhere except for on the indoor marquee. I was shocked.

I got to see this movie a month before it is being released, for FREE. I am not a professional movie critic, and I'm not all that knowledgeable about the Prince of Persia universe, but here is my review of The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time anyway.

Prince of Persia was AMAZING. I mean, seriously. One of the better movies I have seen. There was plenty of action, but it wasn't overly graphic, so I think kids 12+ would be able to watch without issue. The action was amazing. The parkour was awesome. The fight scenes were perfect and kept you on the edge of your seat. There were some scary scenes involving snakes, but they ended pretty quickly.

The story was perfect. From my friend who is a huge fan of the Prince of Persia games, he said that they did it JUST right. I haven't played the games, so I didn't go in with any preconceived opinions, but I think everyone could enjoy this movie, no matter what their background knowledge of the Prince of Persia is.

The acting was spot on - Ben Kingsley did a great job, as did Gemma Atherton. I know there were reservations about Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince, but he did an incredible job. He looked the part and he played the part without any flaws. The only complaint I had was that his accent was a bit off in some places, but seriously, he did wonderfully.

I also really enjoyed watching the ponies.

The special effects were great and the movie was really just beautifully done. It was a pleasure to watch, and when it was over I was surprised at how quickly it had moved. It wasn't a long movie by any means. I would definitely go see it again. It was worth the price of FREE, and also worth the price of a real movie ticket. Go see Prince of Persia when it comes out - it's a great movie, and I think it will do well. In fact, I really hope it does, so that Hollywood decides to make more movies that don't completely suck!

1 comments to I want to be Gemma Arterton:

Valerie said...

Lucky!!! I'm looking forward to this one. :)