Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

A tragic day

28 July 2010
Poor, poor Sparrow. Yesterday we went outside so he could play in our wading pool. I sat on the porch and read a book. When I looked up, there was a hornet crawling up his back.

Yikes!

I went over very slowly and tried to use a pool toy to swipe the hornet off. Alas, I was too slow or something because the hornet stung poor Sparrow twice on the back of his neck.

He cried for about 2 minutes, but then was okay. Still, there were about 15 hornets having a field day with the pool, so we came inside and I fixed him a bubble bath. As he was playing in the bath, one of the cats jumped in and sliced his leg open.

We spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch, with blankies and popcorn and juice, watching movies. It was just safer that way.

3 comments to A tragic day:

jenontheedge.com said...

Oh, poor baby. I'm glad he's quiet now.

We live in a Zoo! said...

Awwww, sad :(

國林維 said...

人應該做自己認為對的事,而不是一味跟著群眾的建議走。..................................................