Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Pie! Peach and plum pie!

01 August 2010
Today I made an experimental pie.

We had 5 lbs of peaches and plums in our fridge leftover from last week's co-op. I can't eat raw fruit because my body thinks I am allergic to the pollen. (Grr.) And we had Hawk's sister and her hubby over for dinner. So I decided to make pie. Unfortunately, there are very few recipes for peach and plum pie on the Internet. And the only ones I could find called for ingredients I didn't have on hand, and I didn't want to go to the store today.

So I improvised. It was terrifying. You should not improvise when baking, it can turn out very nasty. But surprisingly, my pie was delicious! It was very liquid-y, but verra yummy.

Basically, this is how it went:

2.5 cups peaches, pitted and chopped into little pieces
2.5 cups plums, pitted and chopped
3/4ths cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
.5 Tbsp orange extract (ish)
2 tsp ginger (ish)
1 tsp cinnamon (ish)
1/4th cup oats


Mix the ingredients well. If it doesn't smell ginger-y enough, add more. If you think you might like more cinnamon, add more. Definitely add more oats, because they will soak up the juices. Next time I am going to put in 3/4ths a cup and see how that tastes. Stick the mixture in a pie crust and top with another pie crust. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Put a baking sheet under your pie because it will leak into your oven. Pull it out and sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar on the top crust. Let cool completely. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

I wish I had gotten a picture, because it was kind of pretty! But it was too good, and we sucked it down. Yum!!

2 comments to Pie! Peach and plum pie!:

陳秀顏清鴻湖 said...

做些小善事,說些愛的字句,世界更快樂。..................................................

彥麗威霞 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果..................................................