Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

What a nutty week

28 September 2010
On September 18, Hawk's grandmother passed away in her sleep. She had a stroke at the beginning of the month, and it was looking like she'd pull through, but alas. The whole family flew in from North Carolina last week and the funeral was on Friday. It was crazy - lots of time spent driving, cleaning, cleaning, driving, socializing, and also driving.

Sparrow did really well at the funeral. He was quiet for the whole service. I didn't take him to the actual burial though, visions of toddlers jumping into open graves and playing leapfrog over tombstones dancing in my head and all. It was nice to be able to see Hawk's family again - some of his siblings we haven't seen since our wedding almost 4 years ago. We got some good family pictures too.

Yesterday for our Family Home Evening, I read The Family: A Proclamation to the World to Hawk and Sparrow. Then we sang "Families are Forever." Then we visited the dinosaur museum. I could probably figure out some way to tie that in, but I'm not even going to try. Instead, enjoy some pictures and a little surprise video that Sparrow prepared for you.

irvinfam

Hawk's siblings and parents.

DSC01865

Three generations. And clearly, Sparrow's life is about to end. Oh the tragedy of being two.



(Psst. You should still go check out my two new friends at their awesome blogs.)

6 comments to What a nutty week:

Bethany said...

CUTE!! I love the video, but I think I might love the screaming picture just a little bit more. :)

Stephanie said...

Toby's the cutest! LOVE the video!!

K La said...

Oh, wow. My heart just melted. It is a a small puddle. That is such a cute video. He really does have amazing musical skills for a two-year-old.

Kestrel said...

I actually took several videos trying to get him to sing normally, because he does know the tune and carries it ridiculously well. But he was being his normal nerdy self and this was the best video I got, darn it!

You should hear him sing "I Love To See The Temple." It's amazing.

jenontheedge.com said...

I'm so sorry about your loss.

I will say this, a screaming toddler is still cute.

Nisha said...

Toby's so cute!