Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Not off to a good December

01 December 2010
On Monday, I shoveled a ton of snow off our driveway. We have a 2 car driveway and got 2 feet of snow, so you do the math. I was proud of myself for getting a work out in. It only took an hour.

Yesterday my lungs hurt, but I figured they were just sore from the cold air. I've been really tired but I thought it was because we were so busy last week.

last night was Hawk's holiday work party. They had it at this place that you can rent out, and it has different rooms of varying sizes. On the 3rd floor is an ice rink. Just for the novelty of it, we decided to try skating. I was doing really well, recalling my ice skating class in college. I did some sweet moves and even went backwards. The third time I went backwards...

SPLAT.

I landed on my head, elbow, butt. In that order. I lay there on the ice for a moment, and then two guys came and helped me up. I couldn't help it - I cried. Somebody from the other room came in and asked if I was okay - "I heard your head hit the ice from the other room." Everybody saw and heard me fall. My head didn't bleed, but it HURT and I saw spots and was dizzy.

I didn't sleep well last night. This morning I woke up with no voice, a sore throat and a nasty cough. Hawk came home at noon and my head was hurting so bad and I was feeling nauseous, so we went to the doctor, who told us to go to the ER. I spent 3 hours in the ER, mostly resting in a darkened quiet room (Hawk and Sparrow stayed in the waiting room, so I had naptime!) They did a CT scan of my brain, but there's no bleeding or anything so they sent me home with a diagnosis of a grade II concussion and a prescription for a painkiller.

I'm tired and I don't feel good. Pout.

And at the 2011 holiday party everyone is going to remember me as the girl who wiped out on the ice. Whine!

4 comments to Not off to a good December:

Nisha @ Healthy Mom's Kitchen said...

That sucks. I'm sorry :( Hope Toby lets you get some rest!

FluffyChicky said...

Damn. I have no other words.

Glad you are semi-OK though.

jenontheedge.com said...

So sorry to hear about the concussion. I hope you're feeling better now.

Mrs. Small House said...

I had a medium grade concussion a year and a half ago. My speech was messed up for a week and I had anger issues for months afterwards. If you want any sympathy let me know. Those suck!! I hope you'll be feeling back to normal soon. PLEASE take it easy.