Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

30 Days of Truth: Day 23

30 January 2011
Yeah I know I already did day 23. I want to do it again. I'm skipping day 24.

What I REALLY wish I had done - I wish I had gone on an LDS mission. I would have left when I turned 21 in 2007, and been gone for 18 months.

It is one of my most biggest regrets ever. I so, so should have waited to get married. I will be able to go on a mission when Hawk and I are old and retired, but it's not the same. I will always wonder what my life would be like had I gone on a mission instead of gotten married. Last week I actually had a dream that I got my mission call and I was going to the Ukraine. Sweet.

It's been said that the greatest mission is motherhood, yada yada, but dude. So wish I had gone on a real mission when I had the chance. Even though it would have killed me to be without Internet for 18 months, even though I would have died not being able to talk to Owly on the computer every day - I still should have gone. Oh well.

My little brother is preparing to go on his mission sometime after May. I am excited to see where he will end up going.

So there you go.

1 comments to 30 Days of Truth: Day 23:

TopHat said...

Sometimes I feel the same. I do look forward to getting the chance in the future, but it would have been nice to go. A couple of weeks ago in church, a missionary from our ward gave her homecoming talk and I was filled with all sorts of jealousy.