Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

30 Days of Truth: Day 8

14 January 2011
Someone who has made my life hell, or treated me like poo. Hmm.

It's been a long time since I've had people like that in my life. Generally I find it easier to cut them out than let them in, you know?

In junior high I had a friend who I adored. I felt like we could be sisters, we were so close. For some reason she decided to cut me out and did not do it gracefully. I remember being utterly baffled at her actions because I hadn't done anything wrong - she didn't even give me a good reason, just said she didn't want to be friends anymore, and went around glaring at me. I had to switch lockers and was very lonely for the last 3 months of school, since she was my only real friend. I remember sobbing hysterically a lot that week. I had some great teachers that were really helpful and let me cry in their rooms during their planning period. They were sweet.

The worst thing was when I called her to find out if we could be friends again, and she said yes, and I was ecstatic. The next day I went to school and she said she changed her mind. Ouch.

I avoided this girl for most of my 8th grade year, not wanting to get in a fight or anything. In 9th grade we had an English class together and she came and sat down next to me. I was tentative about it, but we slowly became friends again and when I moved out of state at the end of the year we were both really bummed about losing each other. I ran into her again in 10th grade when I came back to visit, but she was rushing to class so I didn't get to talk to her.

So anyway, she treated me like crap but it all worked out in the end. And ironically, she's the one friend I haven't been able to track down and I've been searching hard for her. So Jamie L. Dreyer, if you're reading this, contact me! I miss you, girlfriend!

0 comments to 30 Days of Truth: Day 8: