Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

30 Days of Truth: Day 25

01 February 2011
A reason I am still alive.

Um, because I have something big that only I can do that God wants me to do. Really that's the only way I can explain it. I should so not be here. I was born dead (I got better! How many people can say they've died before?), it was 6 weeks before I made it out of the hospital and my lungs have been junk ever since. Had I been born in any other century I would have been screwed both at birth and now - I am legally blind without my glasses. Yikes. Oh and then I was in the hospital every year until I was 12 for being accident and illness prone - I got strep throat 4 times a year till I was 6 and got my tonsils out. I lived on antibiotics as a kid but I am allergic to penicillin and two other very important antibiotics, so it was always a scramble trying to get me treated.

And then of course the whole pregnancy saga, and my heart failure and liver failure and generalized body failure (I was just remembering this morning that I had to be intubated when I was in the hospital with Toby. I had forgotten that little gem.) And how I am always sick and have gotten pneumonia/lung infections 4 times in the last year. And allergies - I'm allergic to most raw fruits and veggies in addition to 37 types of trees/grasses/stuff and animals.

So yeah. The only reason I am still here is because I haven't finished what God needs me to get taken care of down here. As soon as I finish that up I figure I will drop dead. It'll be a long time overdue but I'm not complaining. Every minute I spend on this earth is one more minute I get to eat chocolate. Yum.

2 comments to 30 Days of Truth: Day 25:

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Holy smokes girlie! You remind me of Wilford Woodruff. He had SO MANY things happen to him too and look where he ended up! ;D

~Kimi~ said...

Holy Moly! You are destined for greatness, that's for sure.