Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Picture party.

02 September 2011
The other day, I finished a project.

001

I made this shadowbox out of Sparrow's baby junk :) Sparrow was born 7 weeks early via emergency C-section and immediately delivered to an NICU in a different hospital. The two photographs are the only glimpse of my baby I had till he was 3 days old and I was released from my hospital. There is his teeny tiny hospital bracelet, along with the ID tag that was on his incubator at the NICU and a preemie diaper I saved to remember how small his little butt was. The heart is a Valentine that the NICU nurses made and taped to his incubator (Sparrow was released from the hospital 3 weeks after he was born and came home February 17, 2008.) The outfit is one I saw at Babies R' Us during my Christmas 2007 visit to my family but didn't buy because I was trying NOT to have a preemie. When Sparrow was born I called my grandma and begged her to find the outfit for me. It's hard to believe that when he came home from the hospital wearing the snuggly puppies, it was too big for him!


010

Here is Sparrow on his first day of preschool. I had more pictures but I forgot to edit out some hugely identifying info so you'll just have to wait in suspense.

P1050630

And here's a frickin' huge spider that was on our porch a few days ago. Scared the crap out of me. Its web was a good 4 feet wide (not an exaggeration.) After psyching myself up for an hour I finally braved up enough, opened the sliding glass door, sprayed it with Raid and stomped the crap out of it as it twitched. I actually felt really bad that I killed it, but sorry little spider, you can't built a web using my son's wagon as a base.

3 comments to Picture party.:

Mama Michelle said...

I wish I would have thought about doing something special like that with Massimo'sNICU stuff.
How is Toby liking school?
And yuck at the huge spider!

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

That is one adorable project! Good job! He's old enough for pre-school already? WOW!!

Valerie said...

Cute project!
And Oh. My. Gosh! That preschool picture is adorable!!!
We've been battling spiders at our new house. Yuck!