Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

It's not Christmas I'm worried about

20 December 2011
Sparrow will be four years old next month.  FOUR.  Terrifying.

When he turns five, we are planning a family vacation to Disneyland.  My parents have a timeshare they've reserved, my grandma will be coming along, and Sparrow should be just tall enough to go on all of the rides (or at least the majority.)

I went to Disneyland for the first time when I was a newly-minted four year old and I still remember it.  Mostly I remember that Peter Pan promised to teach me how to fly. He did not.

Anyway, Sparrow is very excited about this upcoming adventure.  He talks about it often - "when I turn five, I will go to Disneyland!"  But I am worried that he will be sorely disappointed on his birthday this year, since I'm not sure how well he grasps the concept that he still has to wait a year to visit Disney.

So I am debating about whether or not to throw him a little birthday party.  On the one hand, children frighten me and I am no good with stress.  On the other hand, he would love to have a party with his friends.

The debate rages on.  At least I know what I'm getting for his birthday this year!

3 comments to It's not Christmas I'm worried about:

Stephanie said...

I vote for having a birthday party for him!

Darrell and Alissa said...

party!! It doesn't have tobe anything fancy or long- at that age for my kids I do an hour and a half. Just long enough to do a craft, play a couple games, and presents and cake. Or honestly the best party I did- was we started at my house- they colored- then i drove them over to Jump Zone. We were there for an hour and a half, came home did cake and presents- and then said goodbye to the friends. All a kid wants is a cake with friends and a few games- they don't care about fancy stuff that us moms tend to stress about.:)

Darrell and Alissa said...

party!! It doesn't have tobe anything fancy or long- at that age for my kids I do an hour and a half. Just long enough to do a craft, play a couple games, and presents and cake. Or honestly the best party I did- was we started at my house- they colored- then i drove them over to Jump Zone. We were there for an hour and a half, came home did cake and presents- and then said goodbye to the friends. All a kid wants is a cake with friends and a few games- they don't care about fancy stuff that us moms tend to stress about.:)