Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

I want to be a missionary now! I don't want to wait until I'm grown.

04 August 2012
Last week we had an appointment to do photos at Fotofly. Back in February, my brother Daniel was preparing to leave for his mission to Australia and we took him to Fotofly and got some missionary pictures of him. Well, Sparrow remembered that with great fondness, because he begged to dress "like Uncle Daniel!" at our photo-shoot.

And so Sparrow became Elder Sparrow, if only for a few minutes.

2012-16984-60

2012-16984-65

2012-16984-61

2012-16984-64

2012-16984-67

2012-16984-69

2012-16984-70

We enlarged two of these pictures to hang in his room. I guess it could seem weird and sacrilegious that we let Sparrow dress like a real missionary (complete with authentic nametag action!) but really, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have him emulate than his uncle Daniel, uncle Tony, and these wonderful, brave ambassadors of Jesus Christ that serve around the world.

I miss my brothers, but I am so grateful to them for being amazing role models for my son.

Psst! As a side note, if you're interested in reading about a missionary's life, I keep blogs for both of my brothers. They are updated weekly and just contain the emails they send home each week. Elder Reeder is serving in Australia and Elder Trevino is serving in Paraguay.

2 comments to I want to be a missionary now! I don't want to wait until I'm grown.:

Valerie said...

Holy cow! I don't know if I can stand the cuteness!!! Love this idea.

Pamela said...

Found you through Mormon Mommy Blogs:)
I just love this post! What a cute little missionary you've got there!! I think it's great he's already tryin to follow in the footsteps of his uncles and excited to go on a mission one day! I think those photos you'll put up of these will be a reminder to him of how excited he was to one day go on a mission:) too cute!!!
Glad to have found your blog:)