Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Showing off

04 March 2013
I was sick in bed all weekend. Hawk took care of Sparrow and they played at the park and watches movies together while I pouted in my room. Anyway, I am 90% better now, but Sparrow has caught my cold. Poor, poor baby ("Mom! I'm not a baby, I'm a BIG BOY.") It's so pathetic to see him sick with his little cough and hoarse throat.

This is only the 3rd time in his entire life that he has been sick with anything. He's 5! How does a child go 5 years only being sick three times? Especially considering he was born 7 weeks early, in the wintertime, and I've never gone out of my way to avoid being exposed to germs with him. (Mostly because I just kept forgetting about it until after we'd be leaving the McDonald's playplace and by then it was too late.) So it's hard for me, because I don't know how to handle a sick child since I have so little practice with them. Not that I'm complaining!

I just re-discovered this video. I took it the last time he was sick, when he was 2. It is so cute. Oh this kid. His cuteness is ridiculous. (If you watch the video, when he says "strong and furdy," he is trying to say "strong and sturdy.")

In the good news segment of our evening - I finally finished a project I've been working on since Christmas! I am so excited and relieved to finally have it done. My good friend in our neighborhood was due with a baby girl on Valentine's Day so I decided to knit her a baby sweater. I started it right after Christmas, congratulating myself on having such good time-management skills/early preparation skills, whatever. Yay me. So then suddenly it's Valentine's Day, the baby is born (what a great birthday!) and I still don't have the sweater done. Yikes! I went into a frenzy of knitting and completed it last week, but I want to deliver it in person and I don't want to be sick when I do that!

IMG_4147

Look guys! I went a WHOLE BLOG POST without talking about school! Aren't you proud?

0 comments to Showing off :