Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Theme Song

02 September 2013
Sparrow had a beautiful week at school! He got highest marks for behavior each day - phew! (He had a hard time behaving in preschool, but I guess the combination of age and medication has helped him immensely!) We're not sure if he will continue taking the bus in the morning or not because it comes 90 minutes before school starts and it only takes us 15 minutes to drive him. But Hawk's car is very old and driving Sparrow to school might hurt it, so ... we'll see.

I start school tomorrow and I'm excited! I remember how freaked out I was when I started in January and I won't lie, I have some nervousness goin' here (and I'll miss my old professors and my old pals) but I think this semester is going to rock. If I can survive 17 credits, Sparrow, and building a house all at the same time, that is.

Last semester I listened to this song by Owl City almost every day on the way to school. It became my theme song for Winter 2013. I don't know yet what my theme song for Fall 2013 will be, but I'll definitely be listening to Shooting Star on my commute at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning!

Shooting Star
by Owl City

Close your tired eyes relax and then
Count from one to ten and open them
All these heavy thoughts will try to weigh you down
But not this time

Way up in the air you're finally free
And you can stay up there right next to me
All this gravity will try to pull you down
But not this time

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out
Then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light
'Cause its time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are... tonight

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts
And fan the flame so hot it melts our hearts
Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out
But not this time

Let your colors burn and brightly burst
Into a million sparks that all disperse
And illuminate a world that will try to bring you down
But not this time

Shine no matter where you are tonight.

3 comments to Theme Song :

mylife-mynow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Barber said...

Good luck with school! You'll do great! I saw your adorable little family on Saturday. I couldn't get away from the convo I was involved in to introduce myself :(.

Hannah Richins Beck said...

So every couple of days I come look at your blog hoping to see any insights into your life. Well, today when I came, and saw the same post- theme song- "Eye of the Tiger" came blasting in my head. Miss you friend.