Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Twenty Seven

06 November 2013
It is my birthday! November 6! 6 November! I love my birthday because it rhymes. 11/6/86. It just has a rhythm to it. Hawk and my anniversary has the same thing goin' on. I'm weird with dates. It's a quirk. Which brings me to the point of this post!

27 Awesome Things About Me!

In an effort to cheer myself up after this wretched week's beginning (note: still no house, pharmacy lost a very important prescription I need, I had to drop another class), I am going to wax poetic about my own awesomeness. Hey, at least I'm telling you up front so you can skip to the next blog in your feed. Here we go:

  1. I'm a Scorpio
  2. A Scorpio born in the year of the Tiger, which means I am EXTRA passionate and...
  3. Born under the FIRE sign (Chinese astrology) which means I am also EXTRA FIERY AND TIGERLIKE.
  4. I died when I was born. But I got better.
  5. Up till I turned 17, I was convinced I would die before I turned 16. I was a morbid child.
  6. I was an AWESOME morbid child.
  7. I read obscenely fast. I finished the last Harry Potter in 3.5 hours.
  8. I have a good ear for music and can pick out the harmony to sing pretty well
  9. I taught myself to play the harmonica
  10. I chose on my own to go back to school and
  11. I am learning how important education is to me.
  12. I have an amazing internship that I love and would do for free every day forever.
  13. Although they cannot see well, my eyes are very pretty and I pride myself in having blue/green/gray/with yellow flecks and one brown dot colored eyes.
  14. I am full of snark.
  15. I got a perfect score on the English section of the ACT
  16. If you tell me your birthday I will NEVER forget it. I accidentally memorize dates.
  17. I have written 4 novels. They are terrible, but I wrote them.
  18. Those who I love, I love fiercely.
  19. I love my short, spiky hair. I will NEVER have long hair.
  20. I decided I wanted to learn to play the violin, so I did.
  21. I decided to track down my birth family, and I did.
  22. When I love something, I collect facts about that something until I know mostly everything. I can regale you with facts about wolves, horses, TV shows/movies, and books I love for hours on end.
  23. I have an undying devotion to Grumpy Cat.
  24. I kind of turned out to be the witty class clown... and I'm okay with that.
  25. I taught myself to knit by using the Internet, Diet Coke and swear words.
  26. I have a ridiculously awesome sense of smell.
  27. I am living a life I never would have imagined for myself. And I love it. I never thought I would get married. I never even thought I'd have a boyfriend. I knew, from the time I was tiny up till I was 19, that I would become a veterinarian and a writer and live alone on a farm with a horse and a dog but no family. And here I am - married, a mom, and not even close to the level of education I thought I'd have by now. And also 3 cats. And I am having a blast. I wouldn't change a thing - except I'd maybe be a real writer by now. That would be good.

Every year since 2005, as the clock turns from 11:59 on 5 Nov to 12:00 on 6 Nov, I play Blackout by Muse (one of my favorite bands.) It's a good way to honor the moment I become just a little bit older. It's a slow, contemplative song - and there are few things I love more than moments of deep contemplation on life, the universe, and everything. Enjoy.

3 comments to Twenty Seven:

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

November birthdays are the best. Mine is Nov. 27th. but I'll be turning 36. Yikes! That's now officially closer to 40 than 30.

Carolina said...

I love this 27 list. And the song. And YOU. And that I get to know you. And that you're so smart, and witty, and fun, and kind, and bright, and diligent, and determined, and that you love goodness... Happiest year, amiga. Te quiero y admiro muchísimo.
xoxo,
Caro

Shrink Mom said...

Happy Birthmonth! This was so fun to read. We are all so glad you got better after you died! -Denise J from Happier