27 Awesome Things About Me!
In an effort to cheer myself up after this wretched week's beginning (note: still no house, pharmacy lost a very important prescription I need, I had to drop another class), I am going to wax poetic about my own awesomeness. Hey, at least I'm telling you up front so you can skip to the next blog in your feed. Here we go:
- I'm a Scorpio
- A Scorpio born in the year of the Tiger, which means I am EXTRA passionate and...
- Born under the FIRE sign (Chinese astrology) which means I am also EXTRA FIERY AND TIGERLIKE.
- I died when I was born. But I got better.
- Up till I turned 17, I was convinced I would die before I turned 16. I was a morbid child.
- I was an AWESOME morbid child.
- I read obscenely fast. I finished the last Harry Potter in 3.5 hours.
- I have a good ear for music and can pick out the harmony to sing pretty well
- I taught myself to play the harmonica
- I chose on my own to go back to school and
- I am learning how important education is to me.
- I have an amazing internship that I love and would do for free every day forever.
- Although they cannot see well, my eyes are very pretty and I pride myself in having blue/green/gray/with yellow flecks and one brown dot colored eyes.
- I am full of snark.
- I got a perfect score on the English section of the ACT
- If you tell me your birthday I will NEVER forget it. I accidentally memorize dates.
- I have written 4 novels. They are terrible, but I wrote them.
- Those who I love, I love fiercely.
- I love my short, spiky hair. I will NEVER have long hair.
- I decided I wanted to learn to play the violin, so I did.
- I decided to track down my birth family, and I did.
- When I love something, I collect facts about that something until I know mostly everything. I can regale you with facts about wolves, horses, TV shows/movies, and books I love for hours on end.
- I have an undying devotion to Grumpy Cat.
- I kind of turned out to be the witty class clown... and I'm okay with that.
- I taught myself to knit by using the Internet, Diet Coke and swear words.
- I have a ridiculously awesome sense of smell.
- I am living a life I never would have imagined for myself. And I love it. I never thought I would get married. I never even thought I'd have a boyfriend. I knew, from the time I was tiny up till I was 19, that I would become a veterinarian and a writer and live alone on a farm with a horse and a dog but no family. And here I am - married, a mom, and not even close to the level of education I thought I'd have by now. And also 3 cats. And I am having a blast. I wouldn't change a thing - except I'd maybe be a real writer by now. That would be good.
Every year since 2005, as the clock turns from 11:59 on 5 Nov to 12:00 on 6 Nov, I play Blackout by Muse (one of my favorite bands.) It's a good way to honor the moment I become just a little bit older. It's a slow, contemplative song - and there are few things I love more than moments of deep contemplation on life, the universe, and everything. Enjoy.